01. Tap Settings -> Accounts -> Add Account -> Other -> Add Mail Account.
02. In this section, fill the requested details accordingly including full
email address and password, then tap on the Next which is on top right
side of the screen.
03. In the next page, tap POP or IMAP. We recommend you to use POP3.
Kindly check and verify all of the requested details are filled accordingly (full email address for the Username, hostnames for the incoming and outgoing mail servers).
04. Tap Continue and wait for the software to verify.
05. Once the above process has completed, tap on the newly configured
account and go to the Outgoing Mail Server and tap on the SMTP
section. If your domain outgoing server appear in the list of Other
SMTP Servers but the mode is off, kindly tap on the correct hostname,
the button beside the Server to switch it on, disable the SSL,
choose Password for the Authentication option, the Server Port
should be 25 or 366 and tap Done to complete.
06. Once that mode is activated, it will revert to the previous page, tap
the ‘<‘ button to go back and then tap Done. Your account will be
accessible using the Mail button from the main interface.
07. Users are also advised to go to the account, Advanced setting, to check
and verify if the below option were chosen.
A. DELETED MESSAGES: It is recommended to choose Never to prevent
deletion of messages in the mail server.
B. In the INCOMING SETTINGS, kindly disable the SSL, leave the
Authentication as it is or choose, Password. It is recommended to
choose Never in the Delete from server and key in, 110 as the
incoming Server Port.
If your domain outgoing server did not appear in the list of Other SMTP
Servers, you will have to tap the Not Configured option in the
PRIMARY SERVER section and fill up the requested details accordingly,
disable the SSL, choose ‘Password’ for the Authentication option, the
Server Port should be 25 or 366 and tap Done to complete.
You may also refer to the below link which contains the illustrations of the setup.